Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Stunt Double



If you could have a stunt double, what would you have them do?

Seriously, there are so many times that I'd love to have a stunt double jump into my shoes for those "sweaty" moments in life. You've been there. You get up in the morning, the sun is just peaking and the aroma of good coffee is calling you to a moment of brilliance, but, in some wicked twist of fate, you turn around and see 3 bags of trash that haven't been taken out for the entire week. Suddenly a hint of cat litter overtakes the brewing pot of French Roast and you realize that something MUST be done. Enter the stunt double!

The possibilities are endless. My stunt double responsibilities include (but are not limited to) laundry, 3 daily hours of cardio at 24 Hr Fitness, fine cuisine cooking, filling my car with gas under the blazing Texas sun, scrubbing the toilet, vacuuming, washing dishes, clipping the dog's toenails, and, while I'm at it, attending all parent/teacher conferences and meetings.

Just in case you're wondering, the above picture is tweaked from the movie Titanic...before it sank. :) (A good time for a stunt double, don't you think?)

In all seriousness, (cat litter excluded), I realize that me wanting a stunt double to do my sweating for me really boils down to an attitude of mind that is full of complaint. It wouldn't matter what my double did for me, it would never be enough because I would eventually tire of even the fun duties if I knew that I could run away from them. My heart attitude would continue to degenerate.

The only thing in my entire life that I truly needed done for me has already been accomplished. Christ went to the cross in my place. Thank you, God, for being my stunt double to the grave! And His Spirit remains with me to help me change the attitude of my mind and walk His way.

Working and sweating with God are good things.

Galations 6:7-8
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

8 comments:

Kris said...

i need two stunt doubles.


more posts please

kw

katdish said...

I don't need a stunt double -- just some hired help! (kidding, of course!)

Rebecca said...

If I had a stunt double I'd make it go to work for me! And I'd stay home and blog all day! :)

Nice blog! I like it!

Christine said...

Hi Rebecca :) I'm glad you dropped by...I like your blog as well. :) :) :)

Kathy, I forgot you like to do your own stunts. (While paying someone else to feed the cat.)

Kris, let me guess. One stunt double to homeschool and one to blog? Seriously, I'm so impressed with how much you are able to write. :)

Kris said...

i usually write at night when the kids are down. after 8 pm. i have 4 in my draft box now. maybe it will slow down, but for now i have an overflow.

when school starts, i will do good to get 2 to 3 out a week.

kw

katdish said...

Hey!

Write some more stuff!

JP's Gal said...

It's fun to think about the stunt double. Mine would only have to enter in on my kids' cranky days - oh wait that would be EVERYDAY! :)

Lista said...

You Know,
I'm Beginning to Think that I've Been Hanging Out too much at Political Blogs and should Focus on Stuff Like This Instead. I Like the Title of your Blog and the Spiritual Nature of it is Refreshing. Thanks.